A little more than a week ago, I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Mary (Bring it to the Surface). “Liebster” is German for dearest, sweetheart, beloved person, darling, and the Liebster Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers to help them gain more exposure in the blogosphere. Bloggers are given a set of questions to answer about themselves to get others to know them better. I think that this is absolutely lovely and I was more than happy to do it! Here are my answers to the questions that Mary gave me:
1. What is the most beautiful place you have ever been to?
Definitely Sicily. I spent about a week on the island last Summer and fell in love. I’ve been dying to go back ever since.
2. Where is your dream trip?
Santorini, Greece – with the right person at the right time. 🙂
3. Not so secret obsession.
Make up! I absolutely love watching beauty tutorials on YouTube (my favourite beauty guru is Lisa Eldridge) and Sephora is my ultimate happy place. I started experimenting with make up when I was 14 and my love for the art has been growing ever since.
4. London or New York?
New York! Though I don’t think this is a very fair answer considering I’ve spent more time in New York than I have in London.
5. Name your three favorite bands.
Well, I’m more of a “solo artiste” person so I don’t really have favourite bands… so I’m going to list my three favourite artistes instead! Currently, they are Kimbra, Lana Del Rey and Iggy Azalea.
6. Cinema or Music Concerts?
Music concerts! Nothing beats the thrill and the adrenaline rush that you get from concerts. Also, I get to sing and dance around at concerts – and I do those a lot.
7. Best place to live?
Oh wow, difficult question. Anywhere with good weather, artistic freedom and good food.
8. Best quality in a person?
9. Art or Sports?
ART. This is such an awkward question cuz all my friends know how un-sporty I am… and now the blogosphere knows about it too!
10. Name your three favorite movies.
I have a lot of favourite movies but the top three I can list right now are Atonement, The Great Gatsby and Burlesque (because anything with music, dancing and sparkles = instant love).
11. Comedy or Romance?
Comedy! Romance is reserved for times when I’m feeling… romantic… but most of the time I need something to laugh to. (Or laugh at)
11 Random facts about myself
- I love to sing
- I’m a music junkie
- I love to dance as well – I used to attend hip hop open classes when I was younger
- Pizza and ice-cream are my ultimate comfort food
- I absolutely LOVE musicals
- I can wiggle my ears (not that anyone can see them but well… this is a random fact)
- I used to hate airplane rides
- I LOVE CATS, but I have never owned one
- Purple is my favourite colour
- I eat… a lot
- I am very easily amused by anything and everything
Blogs I nominate:
- Describe your fashion sense.
- What inspires you?
- What is your pet peeve?
- Do you like your peanut butter smooth or crunchy?
- What is your fashion/beauty staple?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- Are you a cat or a dog person?
- If you could go back in time to live in another time period, which one would it be?
- What skill would you like to learn?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your vision for your blog?
Oh wow, that was fun. I’m looking forward to reading the answers to my questions from the nominated bloggers!