Last week, I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award! This award was created for bloggers, by bloggers, to recognise blogs with unique content and high-quality photography. Special thanks to Tara from By Catstello for granting me this special opportunity to share a little more about myself and to help to recognise other bloggers as well!
Before I nominate 15 other bloggers for this award, here are 7 lesser-known facts about myself:
1. I am extremely picky when it comes to shopping. It takes me forever to decide on a purchase, unless it’s a unique piece that’s a really good bargain for its quality, which explains why I love flea markets and thrift shops so much!
2. I’m super particular about my shoes – I’ve had too many bad cheap shoe experiences so these days I make it a point to invest in good quality footwear that will stay with me for a long time. This doesn’t mean that the shoes I wear are expensive, it just means that I’m doing extra checks on the sole, material and a price tag that validates what I’m paying for.
3. I don’t use many accessories because I always end up losing my favourite ones.
4. I started experimenting with makeup when I was 14. Oh, those good ol’ eyeliner and terribly-blended eyeshadow days!
5. I’ve recently adopted cycling as a form of transport from home to my nearest bus/train stations and back. (It’s not very far but it still cuts my travelling time by quite a bit!) Glad to be reliving my old Rotterdam days!
6. I have a sweet tooth! I’m especially fond of caramel.
7. I have a soft spot for scented products – scented candles, scented body wash, scented lip balm and the list goes on… I don’t have a favourite scent but I have preferences for scent type according the the product e.g. I prefer sweet/fresh scents for bath products but more rich, flowery scents for candles.
Through Bloglovin, Twitter and Instagram, I’ve been having lots of fun discovering and getting to know many great bloggers from all over the world. Here are the top 15 that I’m nominating for the Versatile Blogger Award:
2. Blushing Wit
3. Lotus Closet
12. Michelle Alice
Blogger awards like this are amazing because they foster stronger ties within the blogger community and give us the extra push to connect with one another. Over this past year and three months of Rouge & Ruche, I’ve come across so many wonderful people and it’s great to see everyone working together and creating content that they love!