Is it really December already? How quickly time flies! December is my absolute favourite month because it’s my birthday month! A few days ago, I turned 22 and I am beyond thrilled that this year I spent my special day in Madinah on my pilgrimage to Mecca, a very important milestone for me in my life. Join me on my trip on Instagram, where I have been posting photos of the beautiful places I’m visiting!
In the past few days, I put together a little birthday wishlist with things I’ve seen on Instagram or over Twitter. Have a little read!
- Spectrum Collections 12-piece Siren Brush Set & Roll – I recently started following Spectrum Collections on their Instagram and their brush sets are A DREAM. They’re 100% vegan and cruelty-free, plus they come in a myriad of beautiful colours and are easily some of the prettiest brushes I have ever seen. I have been wanting to grow my brush collection for a while and these will do me so much good… unfortunately most of their sets are sold out 🙁 A girl can dream…
- Nanshy Stippling Makeup Brush – I discovered Nanshy through Twitter and really liked their brand identity. I would absolutely love to try their stippling brush, a staple that I’ve been meaning to get for my own collection for a long time.
- Yard Yarn Camila Pretzel Bib Neck Piece – I wrote about Yard Yarn a few months back for my piece for Singapore Fashion Runway and it’s been wonderful watching the brand grow on their Instagram. This eye-catching piece is so stunning with the different pieces of material used in crafting it. I don’t wear much jewelry but when I do, I love to keep to statement pieces!
- NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick – These days, I’m finding myself getting really interested in liquid lipsticks. I’ve only ever tried one, which was NYX’s Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo. I’m currently eyeing their Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks, specifically the colours Soft-Spoken and Vintage. I’d very much like to see how different they are from the Soft Matte Lip Creams and experience the matte suede finish!
- Frank Body Scrub – SO MANY people have been recommending this to me on Twitter everytime I ask for scrub recommendations. I NEED to try it! I love the website’s branding and I’m always looking for new body products to try. Scrubs are my favourites – nothing quite like the feel of soft, exfoliated skin after a good shower.
- Ladurée Cream Cheek Base – I’ve been itching to try this blush ever since I saw it on this episode of ClickNetwork’s Tried and Tested. How adorable does it look? It’s a cream blusher that you can rub directly onto your cheeks because of the special dome shape of the blush. I’m in love with the romantic girly-type packaging – what a pretty dresser piece it will make!
- Alchemy Produx Candle – I discovered this brand as I was travelling in Australia in June this year and was so intrigued by their candles. Instead of typical cylindrical-shaped candles, Alchemy Produx sells theirs in beakers, conical flasks, etc. It’s so creative and being a lover of candles, it would be lovely if I could have one of them in my candle collection!
- Angela Roi Moa Tote in Mud-Gray – Here’s a little did-you-know about me: I love my bags big because I have a habit of bringing too many things when I head out. The Moa Tote is an everyday bag that’s the perfect size to accommodate everything I need on a normal day. The Mud-Gray colour is so lovely, sort of a muted camel shade that acts as an understated outfit piece that could complement an everyday dressed-down look.
- ZARA Flats with Metal Toe – I LOVE pointed toe shoes!! I tried this very pair on at ZARA a few months ago and haven’t stopped thinking about it ever since. It’s a little pointier and longer than regular pointed toe shoes which I really like. This sets it apart from others and it also brings a little something extra to an outfit. The metal tip adds a classy touch to the shoe – it really is all in the details when it comes to this pair!
December is also an exciting month because of the holiday season. If you’re looking for gift ideas, these are some presents that you could look into as well!