Beauty

Beauty Goals for 2016

Happy 2016, my friends! We’re one week into the new year, has it been treating you well? I’ve been spending my holidays travelling spending quality time with family and friends and just having a good break rejuvenating and refreshing myself for the year ahead. I hope everybody had a great time during the holiday season as well and you’re starting 2016 refreshed.

Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about new beauty products or techniques that I’d very much like to try this year. I like to stick to beauty routines I’m familiar with for the sake of convenience and time. My favourite looks have always included a strong lip colour, and as much as I love a good statement lip, it is nice to switch things up every once in a while 🙂 Here are some of my beauty goals for the year:

1. Bring back the contour

makeup, beauty goals, bronzer, contour, fotd, motd, cosmetics, thebalm, bahama mama, real techniques, beauty blogger, beauty blog, bblogger, singapore blogger, hijabi blogger, fashion blogger, style blogger, style blog, fashion blog
Contouring isn’t new to me – I contour my face whenever I need to be on stage or when I am sporting a dark, bold lip for a nighttime look and I need some colour on my cheeks. 2015 was such a HUGE year for contour but I stayed away from it as I didn’t see the need for heavy contour on a day-to-day basis. However, recently, I have been breaking out the bronzer and brush in the daytime and I realise how much I love the way contouring looks under natural light. I’m quite sure that I will be experimenting with contouring again this year! I will be switching out my Bahama Mama for Sleek Makeup’s Face Form, I can’t wait to play around with my new kit!

2. Experiment with more neutral lip colours
makeup, beauty goals, bronzer, contour, fotd, motd, cosmetics, lipstick, flatlay, lipstick flatlay, beauty blogger, beauty blog, bblogger, singapore blogger, hijabi blogger, fashion blogger, style blogger, style blog, fashion blog

Neutral lip colours were tricky for me as with my skin tone, the wrong colour can really wash my lips out and make me look really pale and sickly. Hence, I usually opt for darker lip colours as they’re less risky buys but because of this, I haven’t got the chance to experiment with brown, neutral everyday looks as much. Last month I got my first tube of brown lipstick – Urban Decay Matte Revolution in 1993 – and I am in LOVE! This has opened a whole new world to me and now I want to get hands on as many brown/neutral lipsticks as I can, in all sorts of finishes. It also feels quite refreshing to have such an easy colour to work with in my makeup bag that complements almost every outfit that I have.

3. Grow my brush collection

makeup, brushes, beauty goals, beauty blogger, beauty blog, bblogger, singapore blogger, hijabi blogger, fashion blogger, style blogger, style blog, fashion blog

I’ve been saying this for ages – I NEED to grow my brush collection!! Good brushes are investments and it will take me a while to build a collection I’m proud of. This year, I want to make a conscious effort in slowly growing my personal set. I’d also like to start organising my brushes properly and developing a good routine to take care of them well. This brings me to my next point…

4. Organise my makeup collection

makeup, beauty goals, cosmetics, flatlay, beauty blogger, beauty blog, bblogger, singapore blogger, hijabi blogger, fashion blogger, style blogger, style blog, fashion blog

My goodness, my makeup is EVERYWHERE! I have multiple makeup bags that I just store all of them in and they usually end up a mess after I rummage for products that I need when I go out. It’s time for me to sort out my makeup properly and get down to proper makeup organisation. If you have any tips or you know any good places with affordable makeup trays, do let me know –  I’d be very happy with any help I can get!

Have you set any beauty goals for 2016? Leave your comments and links below!

Liked this post? You'll like these too:
Share on
Previous Post Next Post

18 Comments

• Reply Farah

Check out Muji for storage boxes/ drawers the clear ones, I have those and there are great investment! Or ikea ones where you can chuck all your brushes ! Hope this helps (:

January 10, 2016 at 7:06 pm
    • Reply liyamh

Ahh thank you so much! Yes I’m looking for those clear storage boxes… def will drop by Muji to try my luck. As for brushes I’m trying to repurpose a large candle to turn it into a brush holder. I’m praying that it will turn out nice. Thank you for the comment! 🙂

January 10, 2016 at 9:02 pm
  • Reply joyce

I too need to grow my brush collection because I’m always using my hands and I know that’s good too but I really do wanna see and experience what’s all the hype about brushes because I have quite a few.

Loving this post because I could definitely relate to it xD
    Joyce // http://joycentricity.blogspot.com/

January 11, 2016 at 5:23 pm
    • Reply liyamh

Totally feel you! I only have 3-4 good brushes, the rest are starter brushes that I have been using since I first got into makeup. I’m currently saving up for some brushes from Spectrum Collections – I think they’re absolutely stunning. Best of luck to you, and I’m glad you could relate to this post! 🙂

January 11, 2016 at 9:51 pm
  • Reply Rae

Sounds like some nice goals for 2016, especially organizing your collection – it just feels so good to have an organized beauty drawer!

Rae | Love from Berlin

January 11, 2016 at 6:30 pm
    • Reply liyamh

Yes indeed it does! Very determined on achieving that one 😉

January 11, 2016 at 9:56 pm
  • Reply Lucy

Love these – I definitely think I need to experiment a bit more too. xx

January 11, 2016 at 7:15 pm
    • Reply liyamh

Thank you! I have so many makeup products that I end up casting aside because I don’t make time to experiment… time to change that this new year!

January 11, 2016 at 10:06 pm
  • Reply Anonymous

Hi! My beauty goals this year are:
    *To perfect the no-makeup makeup look.
    *To find a skincare brand that works for me (i’m still experimenting haha)
    *To perfect the confident yet not too much makeup look for a job interview

Best of luck to all of you beauties in achieving your goals! 🙂

January 11, 2016 at 8:13 pm
    • Reply liyamh

Great beauty goals! The no-makeup makeup look is one of my favourites – it can really be a lifesaver when you want to look fresh without overdoing it 🙂 You can start experimenting with other makeup looks from there to prep for job interviews. I believe that confidence comes from within and once you find a look that you are comfortable with, it will naturally show 🙂 Good luck with finding your perfect skincare brand – experimenting can be quite a chore but I hope that once you find it, all that effort will be totally worth it!

January 11, 2016 at 10:11 pm
  • Reply Cielo

Wonderful Beauty goals! Thanks for sharing… I will definitely need to add some of them to my goals =)

– Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

January 12, 2016 at 12:27 pm
    • Reply liyamh

Thank you! I hope we will achieve all our beauty goals for 2016 together 🙂

January 12, 2016 at 10:19 pm
  • Reply Holly Ah-Thion

Yaaaas girl, all of these things are on my list – especially about getting my makeup collection organised!

Holly | http://www.thekittyluxe.com

January 12, 2016 at 5:00 pm
    • Reply liyamh

Hehe I know right, that goal is in dire need of fulfilment! :-p

January 12, 2016 at 10:20 pm
  • Reply Chloe

If you want to try more nude lipsticks then Mac Velvet Teddy is amazing! I know it’s a bit of a cult thing now, but it’s really gorgeous and I haven’t met a person it doesn’t suit yet!

Chloe x | Snug Corner

January 12, 2016 at 8:26 pm
    • Reply liyamh

I’ve heard good things about Teddy! I’ll check it out at my MAC counter soonest 🙂

January 12, 2016 at 10:21 pm
  • Reply FairyP

Love this post! I need to invest in more makeup brushes too, I always thick I have enough but I don’t. Do you have any recommendations?

P xo

January 12, 2016 at 10:46 pm
    • Reply liyamh

Thank you! I’m currently saving up for brushes from Spectrum Collections , they are just SO divine but cost quite a bit. I’ve heard good things about Nanshy and Zoeva brushes too, maybe you can check them out as well 🙂

January 13, 2016 at 12:39 pm